Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus bonus, car (tba), medical, pension, 25 days holiday
My client, one of the leading specialty bakeries in the United Kingdom and Europe, have an opportunity for you to play a major part in the continued expansion of their Out of Home/ Foodservice channel. With an already strong presence in the UK Grocery Retail channel and an increasing Export division, the company has an agenda for rapid growth within the Out of Home/ Foodservice channel and therefore, we are looking to recruit a commercially savvy and well-rounded marketer to support this.
Not for the faint hearted, we’re looking for an adaptable, enthusiastic and a capable marketer. Commercially literate, with an entrepreneurial edge, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate success in a branded food environment; and an understanding of the Foodservice and delivered Wholesale channels. You will need to be comfortable analysing market data and trends, and presenting your recommendations to internal teams (including Board level) and business customers one day; and the next day organising stands and collateral at a trade show.
Despite being part of a large international corporation, the UK business has a high level of autonomy. Lean and agile, the business offers candidates a greater level of exposure to senior management, and a wider range of commercial and marketing responsibilities than may be achieved for this level of role in other large corporations. The business is committed to providing training and development opportunities to all team members.
This role reports to The Head of Marketing, with guidance from Senior Brand management. The ability to lead and work in matrix teams with other business functions will be critical to success.
- Report directly to the UK Head of Marketing and indirectly to the Out of Home Controller
- Coordinate, develop and execute all aspects of the ‘Out of Home’ growth strategy
- Propose and deliver marketing and trade marketing solutions
- Continuously review marketing activity and optimise where necessary
- Attend relevant customer meetings alongside NPD/ Commercial colleagues
- Propose, organise and attend Trade Shows as part of the annual plan
- Plan and deliver marketing activation e.g. Research, Data Analysis, PR, Trade Shows, CRM etc
- Be the internal marketing ‘champion’for the OOH/ Foodservice channel
- Bright, enthusiastic with a can do attitude
- Strong commercial credentials and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven experience in Foodservice/ OOH marketing, in a commercially-orientated business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of dealing with 3rdparty data/ insight and marketing agencies
- Good commercial thinking with the ability to interpret consumer and market data for customer pretentions and drive action plans.
- Someone who enjoys responsibility and ownership
- Self-starter with the ability to work with attention-to-detail in a fast paced environment
- Adaptive: A facilitator of change, who encourages and enjoys a culture of continuous improvement
- A love of food and baked goods is always handy too!
In return, my client is offering the successful candidate a highly competitive salary and benefits package which will include participation in a Bonus scheme, Health cover, Life cover, Contributory Pension and 25 Days Holiday.
My client is a leading specialty bakery in the United Kingdom and Europe with a global parent company having operations around the world.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now and we’ll be in touch with further details.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications if you do not hear from us within 7 working days then please consider you application unsuitable on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise – thank you.