Location: Home based - Scotland or Northern England
Salary: Up to £45,000 plus car, bonus, life, c. pension + 25 days holiday
We’re delighted to be working with our client who have become the largest independent Chocolate couverture distributor in Europe. Based in the South of the UK they supply a range of over 2,500 sweet ambient & Chocolate related products to a variety of customers across the Wholesale, Foodservice and Manufacturing channels.
As a result of continued growth an opportunity has arisen for you to join this thriving business as a Business Development Manager managing and developing key manufacturing customers (B2B) across Scotland, Northern England and the Isle of Ireland.
To promote and sell the full range of ingredient products to existing and new customers within the Bakery, Chocolate and Ice Cream channels resulting in the development of customer accounts and generating new sales and growth to the overall category. Where applicable and necessary, this culinary sales role will involve hands on product application demonstrations and assisting clients with the use of products.
- Account management responsibility for a portfolio of Bakery & Chocolate related manufacturing customers (approx. 45) throughout Scotland, Northern England and Ireland
- Manage and grow existing sales (P&L currently at circa. £2m p.a.)
- Identify and secure new business via proactive business development activities
- Develop existing customer relationships via visits, training and product demonstrations to help promote and educate the awareness of specific high-end products within the range
- Ensure that all new products are presented and communicated to customers and also demonstrate where possible, to improve product awareness within the overall category
- Attend UK and European exhibitions helping to source and identify new ingredients / products, to continually develop the product range and deliver innovative high-end products to our customers
- A proven Ingredient Sales/ Business Development background, ideally you will have demonstrable experience of selling ingredients into Food manufacturers
- Previous Chef/ Bakery skills are desirable however not essential (training is provided)
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Personable, self-motivated, team player and the ability to work autonomously
- Full clean driving licence
This position is home based and it will be advantageous to be located in Scotland or the North of England with easy access to major motorway networks.
This challenging but exciting position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of a fast growing, privately owned and innovative company with a great range of products and strong reputation. The successful candidate can expect a highly competitive salary & benefits package. The benefits package will include a bonus, car, life cover, a contributory pension scheme and 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
One of the largest independent Chocolate couverture distributors in Europe. Based in the South of the UK they supply a range of over 2,500 sweet ambient & Chocolate related products to a variety of customers across the Wholesale, Foodservice and Manufacturing channels.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience then we welcome your application. Please apply now and we’ll be in touch with further details.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications if you do not hear from us within 7 working days then please consider you application unsuitable on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise – thank you.