Location: Home based with travel around UK & Europe
Salary: Highly competitive salary plus attractive benefits including car, bonus, c.pension, medical, 25 days holiday (negotiable)
So…..you’re a capable and proven FMCG National Account Manager but you’re craving something different?
You know your way around UK retailers, and you’ve got a strong track record of working with both branded and own-label products and importantly taking them to market.
With an already strong presence in UK Retail and a growing Foodservice and Export division, my client has ambitions to significantly diversify their portfolio and work with untapped sites across Europe to launch global brands into the UK market and also expand their current private label offering.
Not for the faint-hearted, we’re looking for an adaptable, enthusiastic and a solution-orientated commercial person to identify products for branded and private label launch across key retailers here in the UK. You’ll establish and build strong relationships at group level including working with over 20 sites across Europe to facilitate the flow of new products into the UK.
You’ll be an internal champion and have the ability to work closely with a variety of key people across the wider business including Commercial, Category Development, Innovation, Supply Chain and more.
- Commercially strong – a proven track record of success in a commercial capacity i.e. NAM
- Product launch – work with UK retailers on private label and/ or branded product launches
- Relationship builder – ability to establish rapport quickly with new contacts
- Resilience – ability to pursue opportunities, adapt to prevailing circumstances with a desire to win and succeed, even in challenging times
- Retailer knowledge – understanding of retailer processes and internal influence required to keep projects on track and on-time
- A hands-on mentality – working as part of a small busy team, with an ability to roll up sleeves and manage strategy and administration effectively, with a real sense of ownership
- Strong internal influencer skills – ability to raise the profile of this new division and gain buy-in across a variety of stakeholders carrying levels of commitment and confidence
In addition to the above, you’ll enjoy frequent travel to various customers and manufacturing sites around the UK and Europe. This opportunity is ideal for an already proven National Account Manager looking to flex their skills/ experience in a slightly different way and have the ability to make a real impact within a small and high performing team.
In return, the successful candidate can expect a highly competitive salary (negotiable) and benefits package which will include participation in a bonus scheme, company car, private medical, life cover, contributory pension and 25 days holiday.
My client is a global food manufacturer with a turnover of $15bn annually, operating across 32 countries with over 150 sites. Predominantly a baked goods manufacturer but operating in savoury snacking and confectionary categories too. The UK division has a turnover of c.£100m and are market leaders in their respective category. The products are sold to the UK retail, Foodservice and International channels. The UK has ambitions to significantly diversify its portfolio and work with sites across Europe and new UK production capability to launch global brands into the UK market and expand the current private label offering.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now and we’ll be in touch with further details – every application will be reviewed carefully and get a response.